These honey cookies with chocolate filling have a very special flavor and a very sweet surprise inside. As we always tell you – and we repeat – we love baking cookies at home. For the aroma that invades the entire house and for the unmistakable value of what is made with love.
The base dough of these cookies is prepared with the traditional ingredients but with the variant of honey and brown sugar, this gives it a distinctive and very appetizing golden flavor.
At home , homemade cookies make young and old fall in love with them alike. Don’t miss out on this tasty recipe!
honey cookies recipe
For 15 large cookies
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) chemical yeast (Royal type)
- 1 egg
- 100g soft butter
- 75 g of honey
- 100g brown sugar
Ingredients for the stuffing
- cocoa cream, Nocilla or Nutella
How to make chocolate filled honey cookies
- Beat the butter a little (at room temperature) with the honey, the sugar and the egg
- Add the sifted flour and yeast and knead well.
- The dough will be somewhat sticky, but we should not add flour because it will compact in the fridge.
- Let stand 1 hour in the fridge.
- We stretch the dough on the work table to 3 mm thick with a little flour so that it does not stick and cut two shapes (I have used a heart cutter) for each cookie.
- We line a baking dish with parchment paper and place the cookies separated from each other.
- Put a little Nocilla or similar in the center of each biscuit, place another biscuit on top and close the edges by applying a little pressure with a fork. Check out more interesting articles on our FUN Blog.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180º for 12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on a rack.
They keep well for more than a week in a tin.